What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who here has a green thumb? what do you grow?

rjbarker

The last house I had it took 4-5 yrs for the plants to produce little tiny fruit.....this batch has taken 3 yrs..once they bear fruit you have to chop down the plant...

rjbarker

no you cant.....the banana plant thats hearty enough to grow here in Westcoast is called Musa Basjoo.....my "groves" always start out as a couple of small $20 plants from Costco.....they spread!! I cut it back to about 6 ft tall (take all leaves off) mid Nov....mulch it and cover with plastic until mid March. For 4 months its covered n protected.

jay51

haha , hello bob,its not just pot its medicine ,, do they need special food or will good ole living soil do? how old is your tree ?

Last edited:

gingerbee

very nice, are those Quantium led boards with the LM561C or LM301b/LM301H all these LEDs are Great the later ones get better power efficacy, their amazing boards have had a couple over the years I run a blend of those boards with Vero 29 gen 7 cob's that perfume just great with the mix. The board is 3500K and the cobs have mixed 3000K/4000K.

Cant wait to move so I can start growing anything again I miss it a lot, also growing pot is pretty easy compared to some of the things I have seen RJbarker grow, mainly bananas I think lol

good luck seems like they're doing great same to you barker

jay51

yeah,cheap quantium led boards from alibaba, work awesome ...those are 4000k boards LM301b ,,,i run 3500/3000 in the flower room ..

i take care off the microbial life and the plants grow themselves ,,,i agree cannabis is easy..its all about the dirt..i feed the dirt not the plant,,,
its alive..
the fungus is among us
cheers170349735_10158911712560803_6682842948940549399_n.jpg

rjbarker

The bananas dont require anything special other than good sun. Dont do anything special to the soil...lots of agua in the summer..cut back to about a 5ft - 6ft stock in mid Nov (remove asll leaves)...mulch n cover (cold temps as in repeated frost will eventually kill the plant down to ground level). It will come back in the Spring if allowed to die down, but you wont get the spectacular 15ft high trees.
Takes about 3-5 seasons for the plant to produce the little non edible bananas. Once a plant produces fruit, its done and you cut it down...new "pups" will pop up periodically.

Attachments

• IMG_5915.JPG
    IMG_5915.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts