What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who here is gonna buy a new 'lite' Pixel?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I'm tempted to get the Pixel 3a XL and give my wife my iPhone 8 Plus...but the $650 entry price is just shy of what I'd have to pay to get a new iPhone XS Max on a 2 year plan, which makes it a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
It seems a good choice for most people. You don't really need a SD845 for normal things, it just chews up battery. Camera performance seems equivalent from what I've read and screen quality is about on-par too.

If I didn't buy the Pixel 3 at launch, stupidly since there was so many sales shortly after, I would likely grab the 3A.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I've been out of the Android game for quite some time, so thought I'd give it a shot again and see. I've navigated my family over to iOS products for phones/tablets as it's easier to manage.

honestly, I want a Phablet...but there's not much out there like that. heck, even the Galaxy Note isn't very big anymore :blarg:

edit - oh, my carrier (Fido) has it listed at $0 on a 2 year term. this might actually work out! :haha:

Last edited:

Lysrin

I still have my Pixel 2 and am happy with it. I should do a specs comparison between the 3a and my Pixel 2; haven't yet.

But it is nice, based on a skim of a couple reviews, to see a lower priced phone with reasonable compromises that don't hit the important stuff.

sa seba

It's probable the best Android experience for what you pay at the moment.
If my Pixel XL craps out anytime before xmas this year, I will be getting a 3a XL.
That CPU is fast enough, battery will likely last longer than on the 3 XL, while the camera is pretty much the same.

gingerbee

pretty much too pricey for my liking, not enough bang for the buck I have also heard of random reboots on the bigger model never really been a fan of Google-branded products. not that there bad really just not for me. I try to never spend more than 500 for a device that pretty much has a 2-year shelf life. all IMHO

FYI I am rocking a Huawei p10 lite and love it cost me just over 300 really like Huawei and Xiaomi models in the last few years for price and performance