What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who likes rum?

lcdguy

Folding Team
if mixing no point in spending a lot of money on spirits, when mixing rum i go for the the bacardi white rum or whatever is on sale. :)

Bond007

if mixing no point in spending a lot of money on spirits, when mixing rum i go for the the bacardi white rum or whatever is on sale. :)
I was with you, until you said Bacardi. Bacardi white has to be one of the worst rums ever! Obviously IMO.

Mr. Friendly

I was with you, until you said Bacardi. Bacardi white has to be one of the worst rums ever! Obviously IMO.
yeh...if it's not central or south American, it's no good. :p

my bottle of El Dorado 15 year just got dropped off...shipping department has wrapped it up and just has to drop it off at the CP across the street. :D

moocow

I found any white rum to be gross, even Mount Gay silver / white is nasty. They are only good for mixing cocktails.

FreeKnight

I rarely drink, so I can't comment much on rums (or most spirits in general), but the rare time I do, I have found that some simple cocktails that have a spiced rum in it can be pretty tasty. Root beer + spiced rum is a bit more interesting than a rum and coke to me. Or a spiced mojito.

Prickly007

Going to sound very cliche but Newfoundland Screech drinker here. When I can't get that I'll reach for Appleton as it's most similar for me.

I bought my first ever bottle of Screech on Christmas Eve... it didn't last very long. I had always thought the stuff was a marketing gimmick, but it might actually be better than Appleton Estate.

how did you distill it?

I was roughly a week or so away from ordering parts (for a flute still) when the border was closed. Project is on hold; shipping costs to Canada from the US are just too damn high, to say nothing of likely paying taxes on every order.
over time, I have come to appreciate the taste of expensive dirt water, LoL!

Time to move up to Laphroaig.

Latest posts

Twitter