What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who wants a 5000mAh charge in 17 minutes?

Mr. Friendly

Xiaomi just announced they're releasing a phone that will charge it's 5000mAh battery in as little as 17 minutes with it's 120w charging system.

I foresee exploding batteries?

On2wheels

Those chargers must get so hot. I'm still of the old school belief that cooler slower charging is better for your battery but Google asks that I always use the official charger that my phone came with, and it's pretty fast even for short top ups.

gingerbee

my cheap ass Umidigi get me 80% charge in under an hr which is fine for me, plus is this just going to kill the battery faster??

lowfat

Staff member
Those chargers must get so hot. I'm still of the old school belief that cooler slower charging is better for your battery but Google asks that I always use the official charger that my phone came with, and it's pretty fast even for short top ups.
I turn fast charging off on my phone. I'm never in a situation where I need to charge mid-day tho.

MARSTG

my cheap ass Umidigi get me 80% charge in under an hr which is fine for me, plus is this just going to kill the battery faster??
I don't think so. My Huawei P30 Pro is still charging as new, 0 to 70% in 30 mins and I have had it for 22 months now. I am really sad to see Huawei excluded from the lineups of the carriers. Looks like I am going back to Samsung, maybe to an S21Ultra when S22 will pop out.
Later edit: after reading reviews, Pixel 6 seems to fit my habits and general use better.

Last edited:

gingerbee

I was sad to see Huawei go to I loved my p10/lite great phones IMHO but even when you break the battery up into smaller and smaller cells so you can quick charge much faster there will always be some degradation in the cell and it may take much longer for us to notice but it's still happening just basic chemistry of the lithium-ion battery. maybe they have gotten to the point where the cells in a battery are in small enough sections in the battery that it won't happen anywhere near as fast but it's still happening. what I meant by "KILL" is the cell won't hold a charge as long as they use to which is a pretty common problem for most around the 2 to 3 years mark (depends on usage) because you really only get around 1000 charges from that chemistry. but I am no lithium-ion chemistry master by any means this is just what I have learned building a few batteries

You're right my p10 still charges just as fast as it did many years ago it just doesn't hold that charge as long as it use to