What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Who wants CHIPS? Everyone!

moocow

Don't forget the American sanctions on Chinese chip & tech companies are also driving people to buy from TSMC and other non Chinese partners.

sswilson

Staff member
I don't remember if it was mentioned here or if I came across it in my morning content surfing but apparently one of the issues driving CPU supply issues is the materials for "packaging" of the bare processor chips. I wonder if that's affecting smaller ICs?

Soultribunal

Staff member
There is seriously not enough foundry space in all these places to keep up with demand from the looks of it.

That being said, I know that all of the big makers are investing $$$$$ in new production, but that takes a while before it spools up.

-ST

moocow

Considering that it takes a few Billions to stand up a new fab, they are going to get as much incentive (read tax break). Going to take tax breaks to bring mfg back to North America consider the entire supply chain is in Asia (chems and electronics components in Korea and Japan then assembled in China).

Latest posts