What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whoa.... all AMD?

Bond007

Nice. I was all amd until I got my general use internet laptop. My computers as per my sig. That said it was only 2 computers (now 3 including the second laptop). You, on the other hand, have a lot of AMD. I still wish I upgraded my x3 710 to a 1090t when they were dirt cheap.

b1lk1

I'm close to all AMD, have a Q9450 PC for my 9 year old and an old S478 P4 system that I am playing with just because (and to make one of those super-router/firewall/home server machines soon). Otherwise, I have my FX system and my 10 year old is on a X3 system.

NSdeadly1

I would love to go back to AMD, had nothing but for years. Just wish they would give me, and many others a reason to switch. Until they are competitive again I guess I'll stick with Intel.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Yeah, well... since I 'upgraded' my 18' travel trailer early this summer to this 30-footer TT:

I have to 'upgrade' my Ford Expedition to a F250/F350... and my goal is to make it happen by my b'day next March. So the components upgrade will have to wait for a while, minus the 6272 to complete the 4P.

So the 'intervention' can be post-poned 'til then. :thumb:

YoungMan

Nothing wrong with AMD. I'm pretty much going pure AMD myself as you don't get any better value than that. Unless you have a very specific use which require the intel platform, or just have money to burn, then AMD is the way to go.

JJThomp

Nothing wrong with AMD. I'm pretty much going pure AMD myself as you don't get any better value than that. Unless you have a very specific use which require the intel platform, or just have money to burn, then AMD is the way to go.
I honestly believe i5 2500k is the best bang for the buck right now, my buddy picked one up for $180, I would definitely say it is worth it.

YoungMan

Best bang for what?
By that, I mean if you're gaming, you're better off investing into a better video card. Or if you want snappier performance, an SSD. Again, unless you have a specific need for it, I can get a unlocked quadcore APU + motherboard for $150. Spend that extra $200 from the intel motherboard and processor and put it towards something else more useful.

croy_00

What the heck? I just realized my house is now all intel as of last week haha.

i7-3820 in my gaming rig
i3-2100 in the ol lady's gaming rig
intel g850 in the HTPC.

We are also only rocking Nvidia cards haha.

GTX 660ti (Mine)
GTX 460 (Ol lady)
GT 430 (HTPC)

How in the heck did that happen?

slippy

I'm all AMD as well!

Desktop: X3 440
Laptop: A6 4455M

I'm always drawn to Intel for their efficiency, but I usually end up buying what's just good enough to play the games I want, and the price wins in the end.

Latest posts

Twitter