What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whos right? CPU-Z, or Real temp.

AmuseMe

I am working on tweaking my RAM/ Processor doing Prime95 tests. Monotoring with RealTemp and CPU-Z. I noticed something.

RealTemp says 3187MHz x7.5, while CPU-Z says 3612 x8.5...

Which program is right?

Lpfan4ever

CPU-z as well here, but maybe the issue you're having is Intel Speedstep kicking in, or something like that. Could explain why you see a 7.5 multi in one and 8.5 in the other.

AmuseMe

If I tweaked my voltage slightly, it made them both say 8.5. Could it be something to do with that?

burebista

Take latest RealTemp Beta. In that zip file you'll find a tool called i7Turbo. Watch multipliers with that tool.
I'd trust RealTemp/i7Turbo in front of CPU-Z when it comes to multipliers (especially for Nehalem/Lynnfield). CPU-Z sometimes is funny. :D

PLg

That's good to know, but he has a Q9550, so, does cpuz has the final word?

Arinoth

Staff member
Are you doing this all through a program rather then through the bios? I would say see what the bios says compared against the two programs

AmuseMe

Are you doing this all through a program rather then through the bios? I would say see what the bios says compared against the two programs
The BIOS says that its a 3.6GHz, so I am assuming thats x8.5. Ill go with what CPU-Z says :)

burebista

Sorry guys after I saw what multipliers CPU-Z shows (sometimes) on Intel CPU's I can't trust it anymore.
For me the king is dead (CPU-Z) long live the king (RealTemp/i7Turbo). :clap:

Twitter