What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Why does my CD/DVD drive makes weird noise and can't be detected

riou900

When i first used the CD/DVD drive to boot my Windows 7 installer, it went perfectly.. I even used it to install all the drivers from the motherboard and video card..

But a few weeks have passed, i wanted to reformat my desktop.. Sadly, when i do try and reboot it.. It makes a lot of weird noise and takes ages to load the windows setup.. Finally, when i get to the setup, it doesn't detect my CD/DVD drive ... So i can't reformat.. :((

Was wondering if anybody has encountered a problem like this? :sad:

enaberif

When i first used the CD/DVD drive to boot my Windows 7 installer, it went perfectly.. I even used it to install all the drivers from the motherboard and video card..

But a few weeks have passed, i wanted to reformat my desktop.. Sadly, when i do try and reboot it.. It makes a lot of weird noise and takes ages to load the windows setup.. Finally, when i get to the setup, it doesn't detect my CD/DVD drive ... So i can't reformat.. :((

Was wondering if anybody has encountered a problem like this? :sad:
Umm if your hearing noises and windows is taking a long time to boot that is your hard drive.

If it takes a long time to install Windows then it could be the drive. If its LG is crap :p

riou900

Umm if your hearing noises and windows is taking a long time to boot that is your hard drive.

If it takes a long time to install Windows then it could be the drive. If its LG is crap :p
it's Asus CD/DVD drive... ohh well, I'll just have to buy a USB ...

Can't trust CD/DVD drives now even tho it's new.. :sad:

misterd

Rufus + Digital River MS ISO = USB stick for installing Windows. I wouldn't know what to do with a coaster err optical disc anymore.

Latest posts

Twitter