What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Why is everyone selling the Pascal GPUs?

MARSTG

Why is everyone selling the Pascal GPUs? On all the forums not just here, even some Polaris cards? Is gtx 2000 series going to be that good?

Lysrin

^^^ That would be a good guess.

GTX 2000 isn't even that close it is? Is it expected late this year? I might be out of the loop on that. Haven't been paying much attention after I finally made it to a 1080 Ti.

b1lk1

It is laughable that people still want top dollars for cards that were horribly abused. Then there are the sellers claiming no mining. The used market is dead really if you want a reliable card.

Just like gas, video card prices are illogical.

FreeKnight

I'm actually thinking of selling my 1080Ti since prices are so ridiculously high right now. One of the rare ones not actually used for mining. Mostly because I was too lazy to bother setting up mining on the PC :haha:

I'd expect a price drop a little while after new cards are announced. Nvidia's new card will probably be another 'it's released but don't expect actual stock for another ~3-4 months.....'

Groove

I'm actually thinking of selling my 1080Ti since prices are so ridiculously high right now. One of the rare ones not actually used for mining. Mostly because I was too lazy to bother setting up mining on the PC :haha:

Same here, especially with summer approaching, don't see myself gaming much until next October or so.

I'm afraid of what prices may be then though :ph34r:

b1lk1

I'd expect a price drop a little while after new cards are announced. Nvidia's new card will probably be another 'it's released but don't expect actual stock for another ~3-4 months.....'

That has never happened in the history of video cards. They may do slight discounts, but they almost never drop the prices when there is a new release.

MARSTG

So the mining bubble has burst? Will we see the prices for gpus return to May 2017 level?

nToxik

So the mining bubble has burst? Will we see the prices for gpus return to May 2017 level?

Yeah we will probably see a decline in GPU prices over the next 2-3 months. Bitcoin ming is no longer profitable using consumer equipment (GPU) so Etherium has been the reason why GPUs have been so expensive.

And Bitmain just launched it's crypto miner https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180403174908564M8dMJKtz06B7 which basically blows away current GPU mining so once they can ramp up production, we should see prices drop and loads of used mining GPUs trying to be dumped everywhere.

However nVidia will be releasing their next gen stuff soon too so who knows what MSRP they will set it at.