What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Why is everyone selling the Pascal GPUs?

implosion222

Yeah we will probably see a decline in GPU prices over the next 2-3 months. Bitcoin ming is no longer profitable using consumer equipment (GPU) so Etherium has been the reason why GPUs have been so expensive.

And Bitmain just launched it's crypto miner https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180403174908564M8dMJKtz06B7 which basically blows away current GPU mining so once they can ramp up production, we should see prices drop and loads of used mining GPUs trying to be dumped everywhere.

However nVidia will be releasing their next gen stuff soon too so who knows what MSRP they will set it at.

How do you figure Nvidia will release their new cards soon ?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
nvidia cant ask absurd amounts of money for there current Gen pascal GPus if the used market is flooding with them lol so they release "New" gpus so they can command higher $$$$. or there retailers rather can as 1-3 times msrp for them.

MARSTG

So, how are we supposed to deal with these used cards? I suppose the manufacturer will still honor the warranty even if it was mined on?

MARSTG

So for the price of a gtx 1080 ti you get 6 times the hashing power? Wow!

MacJunky

This may be an unpopular opinion but if I could get my hands on one or two dirt cheap 1080ti ex-mining cards I would probably replace my Radeon 7950 crossfire setup in the near future. I do not play many games anymore, but the ones I do occasionally play tend to not support crossfire and look like they could utilize a bit more than 3GB VRAM.
I can understand why other people might not want to take that gamble though.

sswilson

Staff member
This may be an unpopular opinion but if I could get my hands on one or two dirt cheap 1080ti ex-mining cards I would probably replace my Radeon 7950 crossfire setup in the near future. I do not play many games anymore, but the ones I do occasionally play tend to not support crossfire and look like they could utilize a bit more than 3GB VRAM.

I'd be willing to take a chance as well, with the caveat being (as has been discussed elsewhere on these forums) that I'd start at 40% of MSRP and work downward from there.

supaflyx3

I'll send you a PM if I decide to offload 1080tis, but for now I'm keeping them

MARSTG

if I could get my hands on one or two dirt cheap 1080ti ex-mining cards
Like how dirt cheap? Like spring 2017 and consider the fact that they have been stressed 100% a few months in a row? Because, right now, miners still try to sell them at like new prices for a year ago this time! I think selling these cards will be a bitter pill to swallow, and miners will pay the price for wiping out the stocks and driving the prices up, probably very few of them have recovered the investment 100%, especially the 1080ti owners. My other topic on this subject has 40 views and no response yet, so I guess people are bitter on the subject.