What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wierd crashing problem

miggs78

I seem to be having a weird issue with windows, everything I run, at some point crashes. It first started off with Firefox, crashes on every website I visit. I was studying using a pdf file in foxit reader, that also crashed once in a while.

I actually also had an issue with this RPC Timer (can't remember exact name, but it usually shuts down the pc), unfortunately I forgot to disable automatic restart, because that RPC timed out to shut down, blue screen flashed and system restarted.

I have a feeling it's the hard drive, but it could be something else too, any ideas what it is.. Not sure if this helps, but every since I put my water loop back up, before the mobo posts, it reboots 3 times with a code 9A (Biostar i45 mobo), I read about a similar issue Gord aka SugarJ was having, but he managed to RMA the board. I don't even know if it's the board or not. Anyhow, at the 3rd reboot (that's system goes down completely and powers up again), it POSTS and to windows.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated :) :help:

martin_metal_88

Well, pass memtest, go to your HDD manufacturer website and download the test tools privided by them. ATI tools to test your video card, then try swapping the PSU. After testing all part you will be abble to isolate if it's the mobo or not. Also try to run at stock speed and clrear Cmos.

Ask for more.

miggs78

Well, pass memtest, go to your HDD manufacturer website and download the test tools privided by them. ATI tools to test your video card, then try swapping the PSU. After testing all part you will be abble to isolate if it's the mobo or not. Also try to run at stock speed and clrear Cmos.

Ask for more.

Thanks.. question, the WD tools, do I use in windows, or it asks me to reboot. As for ATI, I have catalyst suite installed, what would I use to test the video card. All settings are on stock though..

martin_metal_88

ATI tools is a software wich test for actifact and defective memory on GPU. download it at guru3d or elsewhere on google, open it and press scan for artifact let it run about 15 minute. If he found no error your GPU might be ok.
http://brecio.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/atitools.gif

This is a screen shot of what it's looking. The software have nothing to do with ATI driver it's a complete independent company witch make it.
For the western digital tools. I don't remember if you have to reboot I think no. But yes it is in windows. If you are capable of doing a boot CD you can also use it before windows. I don't remember if the Tpower have a in-bios memtest. If no, download this one.
MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows
Just click download.

Ask for more.

miggs78

Well currently ongoing a 11 min artifact test with ati tool, no issues. Although I noticed, half my software is not corrupt, even like a .exe file of gpu-z that doesn't need install, comes up as File is corrupt, my games don't open either. Daemon tools also refuses to open..

I wonder if this is software related or hardware :(

martin_metal_88

well you can try a burn test with Orthos to see if your CPU is the problem. But if GPU ad artifact after 11 minute that isn't good at all.

Ask for more.

Latest posts