What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wierd hard drive issue

MrFoxx

Hi, i am having a problem and im hoping someone here can help me.

I have an 80gig drive just dedicated to being a page drive, now, i disabled to page files because i wanted to defrag the drive but after the restart the drive is no longer being displayed in my computer.

The drive however is still there and it works, if i manually search the drive (d:/) it will go right to the drive, and its also in the tree on the left side of the window, but the actual drive in my compter is not there.

On top of that, when i goto disk management, it wont let me format, or delete the partition because it still says the drive is being used as a page drive, even though i have all page allocation disabled.

Now recently i edited some services in service.msc but im pretty sure i didnt touch anything related to the harddrive, im really confused right now.

Can anyone tell me what the problem may be?

grinder

try enabling page swapping on your C drive and see what happens

bobaban

External Hard Drive freezing my computer

My Acomdata 160GB won't load properly anymore when I turn it on. I can't seem to access/view the data when I turn on the hard drive. It ends up freezing "My Computer" when I turn it on. Is there anyway I can recover my data? I've tried some software programs but they also cannot read the external HDD.

I also tried sticking it in my freezer, but still no luck.

Would opening the case do any good?