What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Will my E6750 bottleneck a GTX 560?

Mibs

Hey all,

I'm selling the machine in my sig to a friend of mine, and we're looking at the possibility of upgrading the graphics card. It's mu understand that I can pick up a GTX 560 for around $200, and theoretically it should blow that 8800GTS out of the water. My first question is, is that a correct assumption? My second question is, should this be the case, will the overclocked E6750 bottleneck that card? It's possible the 8800GTS is already bottlenecked, I really don't know (but I don't think it is). Does anybody have any advice on this? Is it really worth the upgrade, or will we not see any performance gains? Can anybody suggest a different card in this price range (or otherwise) where we will see a performance gain? I would do some testing myself to get some real world results, but I don't really have anything to test it with. I don't want to buy the card and not get anything out of it and then be stuck with it.

Thanks for all your help.

techman95

i shouldnt think so since its over clocked like that if it does it shouldnt be a big deal might lose ~5fps or so but its worth the try

GT7R

As of performance, it blows the 8800GTS out of the water, and will be very bottlenecked in games which utilize 4 cores and up (e.g BFBC2), as your screen is 1680x1050.
In titles which not, you'll feel a damn serious difference.