What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Win 7 in xp mode

Kilauea

Hey,

I am trying to run a fairly old game in Win 7, but I keep on getting a total mess with the colors. I'd like to run the game in xp mode, but not sure how to do it. Normally what it does is that it suggests XP mode automatically, but now I do not get the option. How would I go and start XP mode manually.

Thanks

Kilauea

Ya I was talking about XP compatible mode, will now try the game to see how it works with that. Thanks for both answers.

Lima

If you get a chance, report back on your experience. I would like to know how XP Mode for 7 worked out on games. I've seen it on Microsoft's site but, they were talking about it being more for office apps.

Kilauea

Well, problem not solved. The game is playable, but I get negative like colors after 5 to 45 seconds of play. The game is Worms 2. I know its not a new game, but its fun and I felt like playing some of it against my cousin. I was able to play it in XP. I tried windows 95, 98, XP compatibility mode. I tried with 256 colors, I tried in 640x480. All failed, anyone has other suggestions to play this ?

Twitter