What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Win10 Fast Startup Issue

evilpp

Hi all,
Recently purchased a new rig, installed Win10 on it and noticed something odd when it was shutdown and cold booting.

I have turned on <Hibernation> in Win10, as well as ticked the <Fast Startup> option. In the BIOS, I have also enabled <Fastboot>.

But... Whenever I shutdown the PC, and cold-boot, the system would be booting fine up until the spinning circle splash screen and suddenly switch off. Then, if I press the <Power Button> on the case again, only this time, it would boot successfully into Win10.

My hardware setup is as follows:
Intel i6700K
Asus Maximus Viii Hero Alpha
16GB dual channel 2666MHz Kingston HyperX
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080
Intel 750 400GB PCIe SSD
Seagate enterprise 2TB HDD
WD 500GB HDD

Anyone know the fix?

Thx!

bignick277

Try disabling Windows Fast startup within windows 10 itself. Control Panel -> Power Options -> (Left hand Side) "Choose What the Power Button Does" -> Click the link for "Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable" -> Take the tick out for the box for "Turn on Fast Startup (Recommended)" -> Click "Save Changes"

I had to do this on my computer as well. Windows 10 has a habit of not shutting down fully and properly on shutdown. Trying to act like a phone where turning off doesn't mean everything is properly shutdown, just suspended in a form of sleep or hibernation instead. This was causing issues for me such as everytime I would shutdown I would get an error about skype and other things. Disabling fast startup in the above highlighted method fixed this for me.

Shadowarez

Bits pieces of tablet is still baked into win 10 I see. I ran through a few guides just to get win 10 to run like win 7 did disabling alot of services and cutting some out completely only way.

Latest posts

Twitter