What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Win7 starting screen looking weird, but....

t_mo_t

Hey guys,

Just installed a fresh new i7 s1156 system!! :clap::clap::clap:

Everything went well, from testing each ram 20 mins in memtest86+ to cable management (pics later).

BUT, why is it when i first power up my computer and got into windows starting logo screen, the color looks so messed up? and there are vertical lines every 5cm apart?? then when i got into windows, everything went back to normal?

new system specs:
i7 860
asus p7p55d-e pro
4x2gb gskills ddr3-1600 ECO
Sapphire 5850
Ultra X4 850W
60GB OCZ Agility (main)
300GB VelociRaptor (there is still win7 in one of the partitions here; will delete them after i back up desktop)
2x1TB HDD

Video drivers have been downloaded and installed.

EDIT: PICS

Last edited:

Jake_HT

Must be some sort of glitch in loading the drivers? If it only does it then and it's normal once you get into windows, then why worry?

Congrats on the new PC! :thumb:

t_mo_t

Must be some sort of glitch in loading the drivers? If it only does it then and it's normal once you get into windows, then why worry?

Congrats on the new PC! :thumb:
worry because i m afraid there's something wrong with one of the components... i've built couple of systems and never encountered this.. lol well actually everything was fine until i tried to load win7 from my raptor (it was on my 780i when i installed the win7)... then REDscreenOfDeath lol...

thanks! :punk:

Run FurMark and see if you have any GPU stability or artifacting issues.
ok i will try that thanks.

Latest posts

Twitter