What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 10, The return of high "in use" RAM

Aspire

i see. will do, its just seems to screw with some of the games i play. might be something else however. will passivly investigate, but thanks for your time

Sagath

Staff member
The resolution on the pictures is too low to tell much more. Can you sort by highest/lowest commit, and upload a better image to imgur and relink it? We need to see whats eating your ram

Nothing. Leave it. Its fine.
I'd disagree.

Assuming hes idling in windows hes got 11gb of use. I have 3.5 (including chrome open right now), and I wouldnt consider my startup list 'light' since I autoload steam, b.net, among a few other programs.

JD

Staff member
Assuming hes idling in windows hes got 11gb of use. I have 3.5 (including chrome open right now), and I wouldnt consider my startup list 'light' since I autoload steam, b.net, among a few other programs.
Everyone's "idle" is a bit different, I'm sitting at 5.8GB and that's only with this site open in Chrome. Rest are "background" apps.

11GB may be on the high-side but it really depends what else is running.

MARSTG

Everyone's "idle" is a bit different, I'm sitting at 5.8GB and that's only with this site open in Chrome. Rest are "background" apps.
Yikes, my idle is 1.6/3.8.

Bond007

It shouldn’t be that high unless you have a lot of background apps or games running. That is not a win10 issue it’s what you have running. Uninstall stuff you don’t use, go through the list and disable auto run on stuff you don’t need to be running 24/7.

Sagath

Staff member

100% agree, I was just throwing out another point of reference. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Twitter