What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 11 impressions?

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks for the head's up. I installed the "preview" update earlier today, and just did the chipset drivers.

I'm surprised they didn't roll the chipset drivers into the install package so that it'd be picked up when you checked for updates in the AMD control software.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Thanks for the head's up. I installed the "preview" update earlier today, and just did the chipset drivers.

I'm surprised they didn't roll the chipset drivers into the install package so that it'd be picked up when you checked for updates in the AMD control software.
You must be new around computers. ;)

sswilson

Staff member
You must be new around computers. ;)

I'm sure it's been rolled into the full package, but one of the main benefits of running controller software is getting notifications when a critical update is available. AMD dropped the ball here IMO.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm sure it's been rolled into the full package, but one of the main benefits of running controller software is getting notifications when a critical update is available. AMD dropped the ball here IMO.
I agree. Just giving you a bit of gears buddy.

Ernimus Prime

I know my gaming performance is pretty much on par now with windows 10 after the the fixes from both AMD and MS. On Windows 11 before the patches. I found I got a lot of hitching. And when I ran Corsair ICUE. My PC really ran like crap. Now all is good.

Izerous

Folding Team
I know my gaming performance is pretty much on par now with windows 10 after the the fixes from both AMD and MS. On Windows 11 before the patches. I found I got a lot of hitching. And when I ran Corsair ICUE. My PC really ran like crap. Now all is good.
Corsair is actually really bad about abandoning hardware/software like the between OS revisions. The original corsair commander + windows 10 was an absolute nightmare but worked fine in W7. Corsair refused to roll out a driver update "just buy the new one" it took users looking at it to roll out a custom steps to resolve all the problems it had. One of the really big ones being connected via USB it would connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect ENDLESSLY. That stupid chime thats played when you insert a flash then is played on removal... yeah hours on end unless you unplugged it and was a really common problem.

sswilson

Staff member
Same UWD crap again on my laptop when I installed the latest full AMD package. Windows update again installed an older UWD graphics driver that wasn't compatible with the control software so I had to roll the driver back.

They never should have taken away our ability to disable driver updates via WU.

crazyea

My son has had nothing but issues with his windows 11 and gaming since his fresh install. He has a 5800x and a 3070. It lags all the time. He's begging me to make a windows 10 usb key. haha.

Dwayne

Same UWD crap again on my laptop when I installed the latest full AMD package. Windows update again installed an older UWD graphics driver that wasn't compatible with the control software so I had to roll the driver back.

They never should have taken away our ability to disable driver updates via WU.

Disable Windows update from updating drivers?

I have W10 Pro on here so I used gpedit.msc. Since the Group Policy editor isn't on Home they have the registry key info too.