What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 11 impressions?

sswilson

Staff member
I believe I've got the AMD graphics driver sorted but only time will tell. I had to uninstall the radeon software, then do a full install (using factory reset), then let windows update install the incompatible UWD driver, and then "Roll Back" to the proper driver via device manager. It's a PITA, but so far looks like it works. (Didn't we have almost exactly this same problem when W10 dropped?)

Lysrin

I believe I've got the AMD graphics driver sorted but only time will tell. I had to uninstall the radeon software, then do a full install (using factory reset), then let windows update install the incompatible UWD driver, and then "Roll Back" to the proper driver via device manager. It's a PITA, but so far looks like it works. (Didn't we have almost exactly this same problem when W10 dropped?)
Whew. That's a nuisance for sure. Hopefully that will get sorted for the launch.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Hmm. I was going to jump in to beta test on my gaming machine, but Update says I don't meet the requirements while PC Health Check says I do?

sswilson

Staff member
Hmm. I was going to jump in to beta test on my gaming machine, but Update says I don't meet the requirements while PC Health Check says I do?

Are you sure it says you don't? Two of mine say they're good to go, but say that it might take some time "while they get ready" to install it.

This is going to be a managed upgrade process so you might need to use the assistant if you want to force an up"grade".

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Screencapture - Windows 11.JPG

Proof........... :)

The laptop says it meets requirements, but I'm sure it'll sit in a queue somewhere.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... what's giving you the information seen on the L/H side? Are those both panels from the health check app?

This is what I see on my desktops...

1633465899766.png

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
The left hand side is the right column of the update tab in settings. I just tried the Installation Assistant and it threw an error partway through the download. I'll have to wait until there's more information out there, I guess. I just enabled TPM 2.0 in the bios, that might have something to do with it. What you show there is what I see on my Alienware M15.

Latest posts