What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 11 impressions?

sswilson

Staff member
The realtek audio on my laptop is randomly muting itself. It comes back if I mute/unmute from the keyboard, but this is the third time it's happened since I "upgraded" so it's not a one-of.

JD

Staff member
For what it's worth, the latest WinRAR Beta supports the new context menu!

1633721236169.png

ipaine

I still just want to be able to easily edit what I want to appear in the context menu. I mean is that too much to ask?

JD

Staff member
Anyone have Windows Hello compatible IR Camera? The Realtek one in my Alienware 13 R3 does not work :(

Guess it's going to need Win11 drivers...

Zubi

I think more apps need to jump on board with the new design. Overall I really like it but I wished it was more consistent with its design (which will probably happen over time).

I got to say, it has given tablet mode new life and the ability to connect to Android with the companion app is simply SUPERB.

sswilson

Staff member
I just noticed that I lost my laptop's trackpad settings..... as far as I can tell they're just gone..... (Not in settings, and control panel just has "mouse" settings which don't allow for changing the swipe direction.

Maybe I need a driver install?

sswilson

Staff member
My dell pulled a Windows 11 "upgrade" offer overnight. Currently letting it go through, but have some major reservations WRT my sound card and the state of their UWD AMD display drivers. (I had issues with my laptop when it came to that).

One thing I did notice is that there's an option for staying on windows 10 which presumably would either make the windows 11 update box go away, or at the very least make it much less prominent.

stay on windows 10 for now.png

sswilson

Staff member
Seems to have gone smoothly. AMD control software survived without any hiccups and the audio seems to be functioning correctly with a full range of options on the optical port.

Izerous

Folding Team
Last I looked AMD systems were still suffering from horrible l3 cache latency so when i saw I was currently flagged as "incompatible" I didn't bother to fix it. Will stay blocked for the foreseeable future.

Latest posts