What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 7 Not Sharing with WD TV Live

Sheep

Well, it's not that I'd recommend against it so much than the network share model has just always worked flawlessly for me... seems to be less complicated once it's up and running, providing your network shares don't up and disappear :haha:

SHEEP: take a look at this and see if any of it applies. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/networking/29202-ive-realized-im-network-dumb-2.html#post338859
I did those things in a previous guide. I did however go to the WDTV live in the media streaming options and allow full access (not default). Waiting to try that.

The Quicken

I did those things in a previous guide. I did however go to the WDTV live in the media streaming options and allow full access (not default). Waiting to try that.
Have you solved this yet?

I have 3 of these WD Live Media Players (love them) and I have had this same problem twice, both times after performing a fresh install of my windows media server.

First time was fix by applying a new Firmware update that came out a week after I had the problem.
Second time was fixed by making sure I had the correct settings on my server. Note, I do not use the "media server" option, rather I chose the "Windows Network Share" and navigated to my PC.
You need to give it a minute sometimes for the list of window shares to populate fully.
Turning on "Network Discovery" and sharing your desired media folders with everyone should suffice.

Twitter