What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 7 reboots when put in hibernate

muse108dc

I like hibernate, it means I dont have to close anything and everything is still intact and saved when I return, so any advice on making this work would be very appreciated as well. Worked in vista so I am not quite sure why it isnt working in 7

mklym

Had to ask. There are ppl other than me that are running Win7 on laptops.

So it never did work in Win7, or does not work now? I have not tried hibernate, but I will put the hdd w/Win7 back in the laptop and give it a try. I'll let you know what happens, later.

muse108dc

I actually have W7 on 1 PC, 1 Laptop, and 1 Netbook, it seems its just the PC that it doesnt work on though. And no, I cant remember it ever working on this install, it did work before I did another format and reinstall.

mklym

Well, I put Win7 back in one of the XPS and have no problem with hibernate, whether docked or undocked, plugged in or not.

So, out of a laptop, a netbook and a tower, the tower is the only one that will not hibernate. Not being able to reproduce the problem myself, I need detail about the problem. What does it do, or not do? Did you do any changes in the BIOS before, or after the format and re-install?

johancn

This worked for me!

I dont now exactly what the problem was but this is what i did. I went crazy and turnd of "Allow this device to wake the computer" under "Power management" on every device that had it.

By the way i'm using Windows 7, but i hop it will help you in vista.

Attachments

JD

Staff member
I dont now exactly what the problem was but this is what i did. I went crazy and turnd of "Allow this device to wake the computer" under "Power management" on every device that had it.

By the way i'm using Windows 7, but i hop it will help you in vista.
That typically fixes sleep/hibernation. I find that it's mainly the mouse though.

Latest posts

Twitter