What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows Defender no longer able to run real time while Full MBytes active?

sswilson

Staff member
Anybody else notice this?

Seems that Windows defender is no longer able to provide real time protection while MalwareBytes is active.....

ipaine

This is with the full paid version of MalwareBytes correct? If so then I think that is the way it is meant to work since Malwarebytes is now basically a full fledged AV (well pretty much) and I think defender detects it as such so it then turns itself off.

At least that is what I believe is happening.

sswilson

Staff member
This is with the full paid version of MalwareBytes correct? If so then I think that is the way it is meant to work since Malwarebytes is now basically a full fledged AV (well pretty much) and I think defender detects it as such so it then turns itself off.

At least that is what I believe is happening.
Yes it's the full time paid version. That said.... no individual AV is ever perfect so you'd think that they'd learn to play nice in the sandbox together rather than butting heads. :)

No biggie, I'm used to thinking of MBam as a malware service as opposed to a full fledged AV though.

enaberif

Yes it's the full time paid version. That said.... no individual AV is ever perfect so you'd think that they'd learn to play nice in the sandbox together rather than butting heads. :)

No biggie, I'm used to thinking of MBam as a malware service as opposed to a full fledged AV though.
AV software has never played nice when everyone is in the sandbox together. Sand always gets thrown.

great_big_abyss

I only have the trial versiom of Mbytes, and Windows Defender behaves the same way. I believe I uninstalled Mbytes to get Defender to work properly again (windows Defender being better than trial Mbytes).

Latest posts

Twitter