What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows was unable to start

erikpilon

Ok... what the hell? I built the PC from scratch right, I finlay got my 8800 GTX OC, got everything connected, installed Windows Vista Ultimate in 64-bit, when it's done installing it says "Windows need to restart"... I say "Ok windows, you can restart, good night, I can't wait till you get back online so I can instal photoshop!"

The PC restarts.... "Press any key to start from CD/DVD drive", I don't press anything since I'm "pretending" I'm gone and see what the PC would do by itself. BAM! "Windows was unable to start" then it gives me a bunch of options like safe mode, and normal, and others... I tried all of it... nothing. ok ok, what if I make it start from CD? BAM! Same thing, oh... and when I press normal mode, it has that little windows loading thing, then restarts the comp, it's been doing that for the past 30 mins now, for some reason I think it'll hurt its feelings if I leave it restart that often in the loop, I think it learned its leason, I'll shut it off now.

But I checked on the web everywhere to see that it all means, nothing... bunch of people saying "I rearranged my RAM and it works :clap: " and like, "the next morning it was just fine! :haha: "

Could you help me have a happy conclusion so I can add one of those happy emoticons too?

Eldonko

Something is unstable, probably mem, please list system specs and any changes you have made to BIOS.

Latest posts