What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows XP endless boot loop

Wolfx25

Ok, so if I disable the weird login thing, the system might go back to working? Because I've had trouble like that on my laptop, only it didn't go so far as screwing up the boot.

Update: Ok, so I deleted the wireless drivers and the Zune theme, turned the welcome screen back on, and it's working fine again. It was probably a conflict between the Zune theme and the drivers, because I had rebooted once before with only the wireless drivers and had no problems.

Update 2: So it is just the wireless drivers, I just reinstalled them, and the welcome screen and quick switch are disabled again! Is there anyway around this?

Thanks for the all the advice and help!

Wolf

Last edited:

frontier204

Update 2: So it is just the wireless drivers, I just reinstalled them, and the welcome screen and quick switch are disabled again! Is there anyway around this?
Wolf
Are you just installing JUST drivers or the drivers along with their (usually buggy) software? I know some wireless drivers will try to disable Windows's WLAN config tool, so try to install drivers for your WLAN card without using their "setup.exe".

See if you can extract the drivers to some folder, CANCEL the setup if it auto-launches, and then tell Windows to install the drivers from that folder. I'd give you more information on how to do that with Windows XP but OpenSuse seems to have eaten my Windows XP bootloader :sad:

Shadowmeph

Are you just installing JUST drivers or the drivers along with their (usually buggy) software? I know some wireless drivers will try to disable Windows's WLAN config tool, so try to install drivers for your WLAN card without using their "setup.exe".

See if you can extract the drivers to some folder, CANCEL the setup if it auto-launches, and then tell Windows to install the drivers from that folder. I'd give you more information on how to do that with Windows XP but OpenSuse seems to have eaten my Windows XP bootloader :sad:
its pretty easy to change your boot loader back if you want to.
I was just going to suggest trying to boot from a live cd like Ubuntu or opensuse.

Latest posts

Twitter