What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows xp error, as usual

omgwtf

I have a problem with Windows Xp..grr
I have installed Nod32 the latest version, Stopzilla, Regcure and Advanced WIndows optimizer (all updated) and scanned in safe mode with them.
When I enter the windows after dunno 30 minutes, pop-ups just appear from nowhere, and an error appears something like Couldn't load the specified module C:\Windows\dsidaisji.dll :blarg: I was planning on going with ubuntu but I still play on the pc..

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Check your msconfig (Run-> msconfig) and check to see if anything with the same path and name as that dll are in the startup list. On computers ive repaired and removed viruses/adware from they often leave little "spawners" of popups and even when you remove the main virus/adware program, the spawner has to be removed by hand from the system AND the windows startup routine. Lemme know if that works or if not what else is happening as i have many years of computer technical support/repairs/builds.

omgwtf

I disabled that thing from msconfig, but I still recieve ad-aware pop ups with advertisment and stuff like that.
I'll do another scan in safe mode..

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Have you ran Hijack this?
Another good idea, hijack this will remove any pop-up programs that have installed themselves into your browser (ex. a google seach bar, just not as helpful, lol). Be careful though, because hijack this cant cause more harm than good if you delete the wrong things.

omgwtf

still get advertising stuff, yes, I did run hijack this, and I also scanned with Nod32, Stopzilla, Regcure and other...+ online scan with symantec..

omgwtf

Here you go, the list of programs that run on startup, since I've scanned I haven't received another pop-up but If I do I'll do a screenshot.
I recall that I received something about regcure coupons and losing weight or smth.. :haha:
untitled.jpg
part2.jpg

Last edited:

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Cant see much from that screenshot (and the second one doesnt work) but always be carefull of and rundll32 in your system startup, make Sure you know what it is and why its there...

Latest posts