What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wired mouse suggestions

FreeKnight

My Coarsair Sabre I bought a few years ago has been gradually dying, requires frequent replugging in and the back buttons seem hit and miss so it's time for a new one.

I liked it well enough, but not enough that I'm not considering other options. Had a Cooler Master Storm spawn before which I really liked, but thought I'd ask if there's been any new(ish) models anyone's been really dazzled by. Looking for wired, ideally available via MemEx or Amazon. Don't really care if it's got RGB or not.

Lpfan4ever

I also use a Rival 600, which replaced a G500S. It's a really good mouse overall and I love having weights, however I am now suffering from the right side grips de-laminating from the mouse. Tempted to see what MemEx says seeing as I bought an IPR for the first time. (Bad luck with mouse failures)

sswilson

Staff member
Logitech G502 seems to get quite a few rave reviews. I've got one and like it, and I'm sure I've seen several other members sing its praises.

Izerous

G300 high failure rate within 2 years (bought like a dozen for the office and maybe 1 still works), the others I have fiddled with don't seem to last much longer. Before that we bought a bunch of weighted logitech mice in bulk (don't recall the number) and they all failed after 1-2 years as well.

Personally the one I like the most is the razer mamba wired/wireless model, can be wireless and charge on the dock but can always hook up the cable if you forget to charge it etc. The first one took about 2 years for the cable to stop working (emailed razer and got a new one for like $5 + shipping), and the right mouse button failed around 4 years, it kinda worked but kinda didn't something like a shooting game where your trying to hold a zoom and it would kick in and out as though I was rapidly clicking it.

JD

Staff member
I have a Razer Basilisk currently, it's a bit taller if you prefer that sort of thing. My hand cradles it nicely. Just coming up on the 1yr mark though, so can't really speak to reliability yet. It's in otherwise good condition though. I think I had to put a dab of super glue on the rubber a few weeks after getting it, but that might have been caused by my subconcious fidgeting... just like I flick the DPI clutch button on and off since its magnetic.

I had a Roccat Kone (Optical) before this, it lasted a few years but eventually the rubber coating started to peel off and the left click started to stick/miss too. I don't think Roccat is too popular in North America though.

Twitter