What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wireless Headphones 7.1 and has decent mic?

syfer

Hi so i show your video about the roundup and i did see the
HyperX Cloud II Wireless Gaming Headset
or
Razer Blackshark V2 WIRELESS
as I believe these were the best for a decent mic.
What i want to know is with music as i plan on buying these to listen to music and doing vblog for youtube but also needs to have 7.1 for games and films. So my question is are these two any good for what i want to use for?

Lysrin

Um... yes? They both have some flavour of emulated surround sound, they both have decent mics, they both will allow you to hear music (quality is always subjective). Kind of hard to answer what you mean by "any good".

Looks like you need to go BlackShark v2 Pro for wireless in those though? And Razer has THX Spatial Audio if that seems better to you? Not sure, I have never used it.

We have discussed headphones/headsets a lot on this forum. You can likely find additional good info and opinions by looking through existing threads. Personally, I prefer non-surround in headphones/headsets as I have usually found the emulated stuff ends up sounding more fake to me than immersive. A good set of regular headphones works really well and your brain fills in the rest. Open headphones are also excellent, my preference, but that is different than what you are asking about. There have been advances in emulated spatial sound for sure so if you prefer that sound that's great. But what is better is a very subjective thing in headphone/headset discussions.

Both HyperX and Razer are reputable brands and in that price range, and if you need wireless, I certainly wouldn't think either is a bad choice.

clshades

I doubt you'll find a quality 7.1 gaming headset that does music well. Typically it's a studio headset with a dac/amp/treble/mid/base adjust to really get high quality. If you're just listening and not an audiophile the ones you suggested are probably fine.

Really depends on what you want to sacrifice. You can't use dac/amps with wireless though?

Check out this guy's gear, his audio is really high quality.

FreeKnight

Hi so i show your video about the roundup and i did see the
HyperX Cloud II Wireless Gaming Headset
or
Razer Blackshark V2 WIRELESS
as I believe these were the best for a decent mic.
What i want to know is with music as i plan on buying these to listen to music and doing vblog for youtube but also needs to have 7.1 for games and films. So my question is are these two any good for what i want to use for?
Are you positive you want 7.1 on a headset? Generally surround is emulated on a headset and shouldn't be mistaken for what real 7.1 is like in a theatre or a home setup. General consensus is that an open headset will give you a better soundstage (although going open means you're limited to a wired headset.

Rtings has a comparitor for both models which includes links for reviews for each individually under the photos. A quick glance makes it seems like the HyperX is the wiser choice;

Though if they're in your budget, I believe the Arctis Pro wireless are generally considered the 'best' in what you're looking at.

syfer

Are you positive you want 7.1 on a headset? Generally surround is emulated on a headset and shouldn't be mistaken for what real 7.1 is like in a theatre or a home setup. General consensus is that an open headset will give you a better soundstage (although going open means you're limited to a wired headset.

Rtings has a comparitor for both models which includes links for reviews for each individually under the photos. A quick glance makes it seems like the HyperX is the wiser choice;

Though if they're in your budget, I believe the Arctis Pro wireless are generally considered the 'best' in what you're looking at.
Thank for the link i do what wireless and yes 7.1 is very important to me as i do use for most films and games but i don't really now of any wireless open headset under 200 usd or 200 ponds.

syfer

lOOKING AT THIS WEBSITE
Here the best 200 headphones but does anyone know if this website is reliable?
The natural sound is very important to me as well as phone call as this means the mic is good. The wireless is also a plus.

sswilson

Staff member
lOOKING AT THIS WEBSITE
Here the best 200 headphones but does anyone know if this website is reliable?
The natural sound is very important to me as well as phone call as this means the mic is good. The wireless is also a plus.

Rtings is is well respected web site when it comes to testing TV panels, I'd be inclined to trust them for other products as well.

Latest posts