What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wirelsss Gaming Keyboard/Mouse ? Yes/No/Undecided [please vote]

Wirelsss Gaming Keyboard/Mouse ?

• Total voters
Wireless Gaming Keyboard/Mouse ?

Yes/No/Undecided [please vote and your reason]

They've been validated by pro gamers in tournaments ... but many are hesitant to even try. What are your reasons for/against wireless gaming peripherals?

Lysrin

I am wireless mouse, have been for a long time, would not go back unless forced to! Not wireless keyboard just because the mechanical keyboard that I like and use isn't wireless.

Wouldn't have any objection to wireless keyboard although there have been security concerns with them in the past, so that should be considered. But I would have no hesitation from a functionality point of view. Getting rid of cords in the set up is great.

I am an avid PC gamer but not a competitive FPS gamer.

Bond007

Voted yes.

I will caveat that and say it is heavily based on the specific keyboard/mouse you choose. If you don’t do your research on a wired keyboard and mouse, you may not like the feel/buttons/etc. However, if you get a poor wireless keyboard and mouse you may be stuck with big lag (if that matters in your uses)/ poor battery life/ high weight (again if that bothers you)/etc. There is more that can be wrong with wireless.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Wireless Gaming Keyboard/Mouse ?

Yes/No/Undecided [please vote and your reason]

They've been validated by pro gamers in tournaments ... but many are hesitant to even try. What are your reasons for/against wireless gaming peripherals?

That is not a metric for deciding if something is more or less responsive IMO.
I want actual latency numbers, frequencies used, what type of interference they can be susptible too etc.

I've had a love/hate relationship with wireless Keyboards and Mice. Although good, I've yet to run into a mouse (Same with my wife) that I was comfortable with being wireless.
I have had them do some weird things over the years, and TBH I have yet to find something as responsive as a wired one (especially give that USB tech has improved too over the years).

-ST

Izerous

Folding Team
The only wireless mouse I have been even someone happy with has been the razer mamba elite. The wired/wireless versions. Not just performance but no concern about batteries dying because you can always plug it in no batteries to swap etc.

Have used a variety of wireless mouses in the office and even non-gaming related activies I was never really happy with them. The microsoft version of apples magic mouse (don't recall actaul model) was the worst mouse I have used in years but for different reason. Actually have to lift you left mouse finger off the mouse for it to register a press as a right click since there is only 1 click switch and it goes off the touch area on top.

Latest posts