What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Wiring up case

johnnyuterus

I have an Antec 1200 and it has about 10 trillion fans. my question is the fans are 4 pin connectors and it seems they are stackable, so can I stack 4 or 5 of them together and connect them to one of my 4 pin psu connnectors or does each one require a seperate connection to the psu?

thanks

sswilson

Staff member
Pass-through molex connectors are stackable, however, please define "10 trillion fans", and what PSU you are using. Most fans run between .3 & .5 A so "10 trillion" would probably overload a single 12V rail..... :)

johnnyuterus

Pass-through molex connectors are stackable, however, please define "10 trillion fans", and what PSU you are using. Most fans run between .3 & .5 A so "10 trillion" would probably overload a single 12V rail..... :)

lol, I believe their are 6-7 fans on the case alone. im using 1000w corsair modular psu

dragoonxx

stock antec fans are 4 pin molex, not pwm or 3pin, so that y cable wouldn't work for his application, unless he OP replaced the fans with something either 3 pin or 4 pin PWM

S_G

It's pretty easy to pull off the molex connectors to attach a fan header connector.

tyreman

I would connect them up neat and handi ty if necessary.
Just don't hookem up onto the optional case fan molex power lead coming out of the power supply if so equipped.
Some Antec PS's have that option and its not any good with tricools.

Latest posts

Twitter