What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

World of Tanks Official Thread

Soultribunal

Staff member
My Xfire config even before 8.0 ran like crap with WoT. It improved after I went back to single card, and 8.0 improved fps on the single card system. However by the sounds of the fan, WoT is actually finally using more horsepower from the card since the fan never revved before...

Perhaps it's due to lack of multi-gpu profile still?
I dunno, things worked before perfectly on all my friends systems with SLI and Xfire, and now with Multi GPU enabled it halves there frames...

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
Haven't given it a chance yet. Though I do hear that the mediums are awesome to role. We shall see, once its live I got another 10 or so Garage slots to put them in. THough No credits since I just spend 6mil on the E100, and 4mil on a fully equiped JP2 lol.

-ST

PerryC

I never bother trying to get into the test servers. Not that long ago I went and blew around 10m credits or so on retraining all my crews and buying equipment for all my tanks. I also have a tendancy to buy and sell old tanks to play something different. I rarely have a lot of credits. But now I am saving my credits to pick up a couple of Tier9 heavies.... M103 and E-75. Hoping to get them this week if WoT has the golden joystick awards sale, otherwise it will be next week sometime.

Shadowmeph

I always wanted wanted to try this game and in fact have tried it but I have no clue on using the tanks and totally sucked when playing it any suggestions for a total noob at this game ?

PerryC

1. Don't rush...use cover.

2. Get your skill training up....makes a huge difference.

3. Read the wiki on game mechanics....the mechanics can be frustrating at times, reading the wiki will help out alot.

4. If you are having trouble with one tank, try another. There will be tanks you just can't win in, or you don't like their play style.

5. Don't barrel through the tank lines trying to find the "best" tank. You won't do yourself any favors. Learn to play at each tier before moving on. If possible move your crew to the next tank and retrain them, will help you out immensely.

6. Find what works for you and stick with it. Not every tank or every person has the same style.

7. Learn the maps and different game modes. There are different plans and strategies that work and DON'T work on each map or game mode.

8. When your tank gets taken out, look to see who is doing well on your team and follow them in post mortem. See what they are doing and how that can make you better. Along the same lines, use your replays. See what you did right, and what you did wrong. Learn from that.

9. Above all have FUN.

edit....hit the wrong button...and typos

Last edited:

CTA

100. never get a premium tank.. it ruin your learning process...
609. start med first... most easy to learn/grind... high dpm gun > mobile > extremely powerful gun > amour

Shadowmeph

Wow I have know clue first battle went in and was destroy before I knew what hit me lol

Soultribunal

Staff member
It takes a bit to figure out what to do. Watch some Youtube videos as well if your not sure, there are forum members who make tutorials into how to play the game.

In all honestly, it took me 400 games to find my feet.

-ST

Twitter