What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

World of Tanks

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Anyone playing? discovered this during my food poisoning induced day off, and it actually is quite fun.

PvP Tank Game, currently in beta. Free to play.

World of Tanks :: World of Tanks

There is a plan for micro-transactions when the game is finally released, but nothing currently AFAIK.

Object of the game is simply tank wars. Red vs Blue. I think about 16 a side.

You build up experience, which you can use to purchase more advanced tanks. Light, Medium and Heavy builds along with long range artillery and tank destroys. There are three tank "trees" that you can pursue USSR, Germany and USA. Also upgrades that allow you improve your specific tank.

I found it a little tough to get into a first. The start tanks fairly weak and it takes a good dozen games to get some decent upgrades. Aiming is a little wonky, and I'm only just discovering that aim at certain parts of your opponent can damage certain parts of their machine and make it so they can't move, can't fire, can't move a turret.

I believe my handle is "FiXT" minus the quotes so feel free to add :thumb:

FiXT

Hall of Fame
ME!

My user name is jcmaz. Add me :)

What tanks do you have FiXT?

Went USA... (for some stupid reason)

Currently only have a M2 Medium tank + T2 Medium and my starters. Going to spend some time working on the German tree right now before going further into the US

burebista

That's me. I discovered it in February and all I can say is that I'm addicted. :punk:
15 players on a side, pure fun until Tier 5 maximum 6. After that is not so fun but is fine for me.
Tip: play Russian whatever you like. Almost all are slightly overpowered (for meds T44/54 are some kind of UFO's, for TD's SU-85 is a joy and ISU-152/Object 704 are killers and for heavy IS line is deadly).
My goal was Tiger/King Tiger so I've made my way to them but what a disappointment. So I've switched to Russian TD line. SU-85 is pure fun and now I'm struggling with ISU-152 (need some upgrades though).
Artillery is not my kind of play and I HATE it. :biggrin:
Second tip: made your crew 100% and search for secondary skills. It's like day and night between 50/75% and 100% with secondary skills. Also buy modules (loading time, aiming time, crew skill boost, binoculars, camo net, etc).

The game have some serious drawbacks with matchmaking system and spotting/invisible tanks and you need to pray to have a good team but in the end the game is fun. And the best thing is that is free to play even after April 12 when it be launched officially. You can buy gold if you want to upgrade fast but if you play for fun you'll have same tanks but in more time.

jcmaz

I have KV, KV3, M4 Sherman, and SU-85.

I highly suggest you to grind towards the KV. The 152mm Derp cannon and the 107mm gun are beasts. One shot lower tiers FTW!

FiXT

Hall of Fame
I'll take a go at it :D
Still a long ways off though ahha
Just started today.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
What's crazy is that for a free game it is pretty entertaining. I've paid for far worse games and games which I've played half of the few hours I've sunk into WoT so far :p

At $0 the value/$$ is awesome! Kudos to the unknown Russian developers :haha:

burebista

They have some pre-order packages too. Pretty fair prices and you'll have a custom tank and a heap of gold to boost your start.
After launch you can buy gold too (something like 2500 gold=$10) but you're not forced to do and you still can play for free as long as you wish.

Technokat

i have played this game from start of closed beta in north america...back last fall some time. Loved it. played it to death, then they wiped with a patch and gave everyone crazy amounts of credits. It ruined the game, everyone was driving crazy overpowered tanks and the fun was gone, dieing in one shot all the time even in supertanks was no fun and i quit. Havnt played since, about 4-5 months out of it now. USA wasnt even in the game when i played.

Latest posts