What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

World Supply of AMD 280x GPU's = Gone

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Or at $800 price range which totally killed there price war with nvidia.

But I guess if you can make money with there cards they become more of a investment rather then gaming card.

Fudd Rucker

This does suck ass.. Wanted to pick up an R9 290, but im not paying 100$ over the MSRP. Lookin at Nvidia again.

ImmaPC

All these price jumps must suck for people who aren't mining and just wanting to play games, I'm sorry y'all. At least this way AMD doesn't have to worry about the Xbox 1/PS4 doing well to boost their stock price.

Come to think, it would be great if they started taking advantage of this mining mania going on here (at least that's what I would do if I were an AMD exec). That way they could keep the prices down for their normal gaming GPU line, and release some FPGA/ASIC (terminology?) thing separately that has no graphic outputs and all shaders for rocketfast hashing.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I just prey the Octa-Core Version of Maxwell isnt going to stomp 290-X into dirt when it comes to mining otherwise this will effectively cut out gamer/Htpc/Steam box market share as miners will flock to nvida making prices 200-300 over MSRP.

BobISmyUncle

Funny how 1 month can change things.
2 months ago I was paying reps at CC to contact me when they got shipments in of cards.

Now most stores have more than enough GPUs as alt coin mining and BTC is in the crapper.

Latest posts

Twitter