What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Worth it?

Coach

I have an Adata SX8200 PRO. I like it. also own a WD Black SN750. I believe the SN750 is a little better. There is a $20 promo code for it as well ATM. I think I would pay the extra $15 for it IMO

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
I do believe the SX8200 is the one of the fastest non-Optane NVMe drive when it comes to real world desktop/laptop performance. It kills it @ low queue depth small file random reads.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I do believe the SX8200 is the one of the fastest non-Optane NVMe drive when it comes to real world desktop/laptop performance. It kills it @ low queue depth small file random reads.
It and the S11 Pro both use the Silicone Motion 2262 controller. Its bomber. I bougth a S11 Pro 1TB on sale for $140 not that long ago in fact.

@clshades Buy whatever is on sale though, regardless, you're gonna save more in pocket money than you'll ever gain in performance. The only other metric I would consider is warranty.

clshades

As i was about to pay for it the price jumped 20 bux to 189. Right in front of my eyes. Hopefully they'll give me the original deal. We'll see.

JD

Staff member
Sometimes the ADATA stuff is tax-free on Amazon when it's sold by ADATA but shipping by Amazon. I've had one running my VMs for a bit over a year now, no complaints or issues.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
ME has the SN750 on for the same price (190) until Aug 1, btw, if you were more preferential to it. Amazon at 190 as well.

Latest posts

Twitter