What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X120e Won't connect to the Internet

Kilauea

Yesterday everything was fine, I was connected to the Internet at my gf's place with the laptop, today when I tried to use it at home, it wouldn't connect to the Internet wirelessly saying either "Not connected - No connections are available" or when it detects connections, that the connection is limited.

Ok, so I thought to myself there must be a problem with the wireless somewhere, but my phone still connects to the Internet fine. I tried to use an Ethernet cable to plug directly and it won't connect either.

It says there is a problem with the drivers, but how could it have been good one day and bad the next day when there is nothing other than a shut down(properly executed) separating those 2 days. The other thing bugging me is that there is no new drivers for that computer.

The only driver that was NOT up to date was (on top of my head) a conexant thing because I did the update, it screwed up the computer. I forgot what it does exactly but I think it was a driver regarding the sound.

Thanks in advance.

Kilauea

Ok somehow, I managed to get the Ethernet connection to work by updating some drivers.

But now the remaining problem lies with the wireless connection.

For now, I can see the network I want to connect to. I manage to connect to it, but I get a limited access. When I try to troubleshoot the problem it says there might be a problem with the driver for wireless network connection adapter.
When I "try these repairs as an administrator", it tells me that "the wireless network adapter is experiencing problems": "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

This leads me to believe there is a problem with my wireless network, but since it hasn't changed in months and was working every single time without even a minor problem for the past few months with the very same laptop, I can't figure out what the problem could be. At the same time, I manage to connect my phone to that network without any problems.

In terms of nearby wireless Internet connections, I am on Channel 1, right now the other channels used is channel 9. The router used is a Netgear WNDR3700V2.

Kilauea

Somehow, I managed to update the drivers for ethernet and then proceeded with some more updates and everything worked... Except that it shows there is no connection, but there is one.

I just find it odd that I updated everything about a month ago and everything worked fine, until that day where I had to do some more updates.

Latest posts

Twitter