What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X3 720 BE + DDR2-1066

Evylldemon

I'd say bump up the RAM voltage a bit more. Otherwise run them at DDR2-1000 if possible since then they might be fine with 2.1V.
the BIOS only gives me the option of x4 (800) and x5.33 (1066).

Is it OK to set the voltage higher than 2.1?

punk_zappa

Usually, what you set in the BIOS is higher than what is the actual voltage. It should be safe to go above but do it moderately.

Evylldemon

Updated the BIOS to F5 (apparently better supper for Phenom II CPUs). Then tried messing with the RAM again. Hung at the mobo splash screen. Had to short the jumper again and reset all my BIOS settings.

I give up. It works well enough as is.

Supergrover

If they are at the right timings and voltage then I would say it is a secondary timing that is off, I had to fart around with the subtimings on my redlines to get them to rated speeds on this board.
Have you dropped to 800 and then uped the fsb to 266?

Evylldemon

If they are at the right timings and voltage then I would say it is a secondary timing that is off, I had to fart around with the subtimings on my redlines to get them to rated speeds on this board.
Have you dropped to 800 and then uped the fsb to 266?
You mean OC the CPU? Haven't tried that and hadn't planned to until a few months down the road (gonna get a new heatsink eventuall and OC it to 3.4-3.6)

Supergrover

You mean OC the CPU? Haven't tried that and hadn't planned to until a few months down the road (gonna get a new heatsink eventuall and OC it to 3.4-3.6)
If you don't want to OC the CPU yet you can just use the 10.5x multi, with a 266 FSB and multi @ 10.5 your cpu clocks are 2793mhz, since the 720's stock clocks are 2800mhz you're good to go. You will want to drop your NB multi to x9 and make sure the NB frequency is above your HT, if the HT is greater than your NB it wont be stable.

Latest posts

Twitter