What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X570 Master with Thermaltake AIO and fans?????

GeezerGamer

It confounds me hence my need to ask this.....Will the following be possible?
Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL case with X570 Aorus MB and AMD 5950X CPU with Thermaltake 360 AIO and a total of 10 Thermaltake fans(6 intake @ 4 exhaust).
I provide links to the Thermaltake products. It's all the 3 pin, 4 pin, ARGB connections and headers and how they're labeled differently....LED? I can't get my head around it! What's compatible with what, how many fans per header and do I need splitters?
I would like MB software control of ARGB and have adjustable fan speed control.
I think if someone could confirm for me it's doable I can go from there. I have a little build experience and that's from some years ago, it's nothing as complex as this vision!

Please and thank you

Below is a link to my new build if additional info is of interest.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I'll go through the parts and compatibilities when I have a bit more time (and if no one beats me to it) but I would advise a bit of caution with your cooling setup from the get-go. 6 intake and 4 exhaust? I'd like to suggest that 3 of those intakes be pushing through the 360mm AIO Watercooler, or else you may have some seriously weird thermals & positive pressure to a huge degree. To be specific, lots of intake is going to disturb the airflow everywhere inside the case, including all the hot air coming off the components. With a 360m rad restricting 3/4 of your exhaust system, the air - both hot and cold - will be forced by the intakes out of everywhere. That's almost always bad for thermals of all the components in a system, and definitely won't help the thermals of AIO much either.

Dwayne

My plan, with a Lian Li O11 Dynamic, not the XL, is to run 3 fans in the floor bringing in fresh air for the air cooled video card. I am going to run my Kraken X73 in the ceiling with the fans drawing air through the rad and exhausting into the case. I feel the cooler air drawing in will be better for the CPU, and that the GPU should not be overly affected by the warmer air due to the fresh air coming in from the bottom. I am going to run 3 fan in the side as exhaust, because the fans will look prettier that way, and there is no place for exhaust at the back.

I am going to use the stock fans that come with the Kraken. From the reviews I have seen they are pretty serviceable. If I find the temps too toasty, I can always try some black Noctuas or some Vardars. The blingy fans are Corsair QL120s. Overpriced, I know, but this is my treat to myself, and I am getting Cablemod's cables and gaudy fans for me. :) I've watched a few videos on using the Corsair box and iCue software, I suggest you just do a YouTube marathon watching folks doing stuff with your selected fans. It helps a lot, mostly. Don't just rely on one guy though, check out a few.

I currently run a Meshify C with an 8700k cooled by a Corsair H100i V2 drawing air through the rad and exhausting into the case. I have an EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra, and I run 3 fans at the front drawing in fresh air, and one fan at the back exhausting the case. I have not had problems with temps doing it this way for almost 2 years now. I can run a test or two if you ask though, just let me know what parameters and I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Found this video.
It is an O11 Dynamic, but he did some testing so it is input.

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

Hiya CMetaphor and Dwayne, I appreciate your taking the time to respond!
I wanted to side mount the rad with hose being at the bottom so that any air would be at the trapped in the top of the rad above the level of the AIO pump(no noise). Rad fans would be on the inside of case side drawing cool air into through the rad into case. So, three intake from the bottom hitting the GPU, three pulling through rad intake side and three exhaust out the top as well as one exhaust out the back of the case.
At one time the scenario was to side mount the rad in a push/pull set up. So, everything as I wrote above in place but with three more fans added to rad pushing cool air though rad into case and three fans pulling warmed air into case. That idea came about due to most AIO rads coming with three fans not matching the RGB fans I wanted throughout the case so I would hide the original rad fans so I thought?
So now I'm undecided on rad placement but still looking for confirmation that products listed in thread starter post above can work together regardless of final configuration?

I want to use ten matching RGB fans total with AIO from Thermaltake on a Aorus X570 master motherboard. Can these work together?

I'm really hoping to order my cooling solution soon(today?) as I see stocks dwindling at retailers!
I'm all but certain I want to utilize the Thermaltake items as long as I know it'll all work?

Oh so push/pull on rad a good or bad idea???

Geezer

Last edited:

Latest posts