What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X99 woes.

turtletrax

Banned
Looks like the cpu is dead. Put it in the Deluxe and still got 79 and 02 qcode. I guess there is a first for everything and with how many cpus I have had, it is pretty good that I have only had one croak. I thought I might get static from Intel about not having a receipt, but they never asked for one talking on their support chat. It is on its way to Kentucky right now :)

Boxed all my stuff back up and will see if it screwed the motherboards beyond repair. Hoping that one is still good. I guess time will tell.

At least I don't feel like a complete idiot right now. It was so hard to pin down what in the hell was going on and an autoborking memory controller is beyond my control. I thought it was some simple thing I was doing wrong the whole time. lol

SugarJ

Staff member
Sorry to hear that, but at least you were able to finally sort it out. I literally just fired my X99 build up on air to see if it worked before I start the fun stuff.

turtletrax

Banned
Sorry to hear that, but at least you were able to finally sort it out. I literally just fired my X99 build up on air to see if it worked before I start the fun stuff.
Ya, I hope I have it sorted. Tempted to buy another processor in the mean time, but should wait. I spent a fortune already :haha:

What did you pick up? Keep us posted on your clocks once you get it under water and start cranking on it ;)

turtletrax

Banned
Booted up the R5E first try with the Dominators. That makes things much easier. Will try the ballistix elites and deluxe tomorrow.

Edit: This chip is a completely different beast. Just playing around with XMP 2800 profile works flawless and was running 1.0v at 3814Mhz linpack stable for 5 loops on air with zero issues.. The R5E wont let you go any lower or I would have seen how low I could go.

Cant wait to get it looped up and see what it can do :punk:

Last edited:

turtletrax

Banned
Finally had some time to test the ballistix and deluxe. Looks like both made it, but have to reinstall windows on spare drive to test properly, but they are booting with no Qcode issues, so I think they are fine.

So glad, but still perplexed as to what was going on with that last processor. So glad to be done with it all and move one. Going to list some gear here and get on with my build. Will be putting some fat stacks down on my mbx here soon :)

turtletrax

Banned
Got my R5E looped back up with both titans installed with the backplates and did some initial overclocking. Was hoping I got a golden sample with the the J batch chips, but seems to be just above average. With adaptive mode I can do 4.5Ghz with 1.28Vcore, might be able to bring that down a tad more. Haven't tested cache speed/voltages yet. 2800Mhz XMP works fine, but 3000Mhz doesnt work very well, only 8GB showes up. Will have to tune it to see if I can get it to work at those speeds or if I got another garbage IMC. Will also see if I can get the ballistix close to those awesome timings MAC was able to get in his review and then pick which set to sell.

AkG

congrats mate. hopefully are your problems are now in your rear-view mirror!

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter