What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X99 woes.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Sounds like x99 was a chipset to skip my x79 build was the most flawless setup iv ever had till I updated bios that killed my effective 4.8gHz Oc.

turtletrax

Banned
Sounds like x99 was a chipset to skip my x79 build was the most flawless setup iv ever had till I updated bios that killed my effective 4.8gHz Oc.

Have to say I agree. Seriously considering going back to my x79 rig. I had a flawless 4.8Ghz OC as well, and it was bulletproof.

I got the chip to boot again but I think the IMC is damaged. Getting memory management errors and blue screens galore at any memory speed above 2133 on both kits. complete lunacy. 2 grand into gear and I have to say I hate it. Might punt it all and wait for skylake....

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
To be honest, I am on my THIRD 4930K chip in the main GPU test system. Every one of them has lost memory channels. I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem exclusive to X99....

turtletrax

Banned
I'm still waiting on my Intel replacement but say the word and your 3930 will be back in the mail. :)

It's all good :) I am working quite a bit and have tons of gear at home to use. Just wish I could sell the spare parts I bought to troubleshoot wit, but keep needing it. :angry2:

Latest posts

Twitter