What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X99 woes.

Shadowarez

Sounds like x99 was a chipset to skip my x79 build was the most flawless setup iv ever had till I updated bios that killed my effective 4.8gHz Oc.

turtletrax

Banned
Sounds like x99 was a chipset to skip my x79 build was the most flawless setup iv ever had till I updated bios that killed my effective 4.8gHz Oc.

Have to say I agree. Seriously considering going back to my x79 rig. I had a flawless 4.8Ghz OC as well, and it was bulletproof.

I got the chip to boot again but I think the IMC is damaged. Getting memory management errors and blue screens galore at any memory speed above 2133 on both kits. complete lunacy. 2 grand into gear and I have to say I hate it. Might punt it all and wait for skylake....

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
To be honest, I am on my THIRD 4930K chip in the main GPU test system. Every one of them has lost memory channels. I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem exclusive to X99....

clshades

I'm still waiting on my Intel replacement but say the word and your 3930 will be back in the mail. :)

turtletrax

Banned
I'm still waiting on my Intel replacement but say the word and your 3930 will be back in the mail. :)

It's all good :) I am working quite a bit and have tons of gear at home to use. Just wish I could sell the spare parts I bought to troubleshoot wit, but keep needing it. :angry2:

Twitter