What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xbox 360 wireless adapter and Windows 8

Tharhino

Has anyone had any luck getting these to work with windows 8.1? There's no power going to the adapter.
All the usb ports work. So i'm not sure what is going on.

MacJunky

I have an "Ancient Chinese Secret" 360 adapter that works with the driver Windows 8 comes with. you just have to manually tell it what to use.
As far as no power goes I have not looked into it much but recall hearing something about a fuse in the official adapters blowing. Perhaps start there?

JD

Staff member
I have a bunch of original MS ones and they all work perfectly fine with 8.1. No drivers needed.

Are you sure your adapter just isn't broken? Or maybe it's one of the knock-off models which requires you to manually install the drivers.

Tharhino

I have a bunch of original MS ones and they all work perfectly fine with 8.1. No drivers needed.

Are you sure your adapter just isn't broken? Or maybe it's one of the knock-off models which requires you to manually install the drivers.

No it worked fine when I was in windows 7. It's a genuine Microsoft product (bought it in the package and everything).

It could be just toast. Shame though!

Latest posts