What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XBOX 720 Graphics

Arinoth

Staff member
Guess the rendering will be at 720p rather then 320p and upscaled to whatever console heads play at or will be playing at for years. Hurray for holding pc gaming back.

Bond007

Some more info

Rumor: Next-gen Xbox SoC "Oban," Already in Production

The update at the bottom of the page states:

UPDATE: This report claims that the GPU will be separate, and will be based on AMD's 6000 series instead -- something akin to the Radeon HD 6670 which supports DirectX 11, multi-display output, 3D and 1080p HD output. Raw graphics processing power is expected to be 6 times that of the current console, and yield 20-percent greater performance than the upcoming [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Nintendo[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Wii U.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Ouch. The implications this has for PC gaming are particularly painful.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I was hoping for something a little more substantial for onboard Graphics as well. I guess we'll see how well it pans out for them.

-ST

Avenger212

As people have said "you get what you pay for". I am not really a console gamers but my friends are and I always hated console graphics anyways.. Well its good to be a PC gamer rather than a console gamer during these modern times... But I must admit they have better controllers.

Latest posts