What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XBOX 720 Graphics

croy_00

That's just about one of the worst Photoshop jobs I've seen in recent memory.

Haha, yeah it's not winning any awards anytime soon. Still, I am excited for new consoles because it means us Master Race gamers get better ports! :clap:

DETERMINOLOGY

no matter the specs, you can never really judge the abilities of a console until you see the games. the proof is the pudding.

Yea no matter what tho its still not going to beat a high end pc no matter how you look at. People giving they hopes up if they thinking the specs on the xbox 720 is going to crush a pc lets say a i5 with a gtx 670.. I honestly dont see my self getting the next gen console im content with pc gaming and its doing me quite well so far. I really dont want a dumbed down system when i can take that loot that i would spend on a x and upgrade my pc with

Bao

As long as the "next-gen" consoles can have full or nearly full dx11 features/effects whatever, rendered at 1280x720 (all you need for the vast majority of people that play from their couch on a console), at 60FPS minimum. Then us PC Gamers can rejoice. It would essentially be full featured PC titles rendered at lower fidelity. PC's would have the benefit of console ports based on high end PC features. Or the reverse thought, if the 720 and PS4 were essentially PC games at 720P, then we'd all complain a lot less. I think that this might actually be possible this time around. The dream of 1080P/60FPS with DX11 on the upcoming consoles is not likely though.

elmorejohn46

I heard it will be based off the AMD 7000 GPU .but it will have 8 CPU running at 1.6gigs and 8gigs of memory.It is supposed to be 6 times more powerful then the 360.It should look just fine.When I look at the x-box-360 it still amazes me how good it looks.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Personally, I am constantly amazed by how good the current generation console games look. Even on the PC, I struggle to find games that match the graphics within Killzone 2-3 and the Uncharted titles.

marquee

I think by placing a low level GPU in there consoles, they plan to tweak every last bit of performance out of there APU. I currently am using an A 10 and GTX 560. With virtu mvp I am shocked at the performance increase in games. The bare minimum increase is atlreast 15 fps at 1080. With an average of about 23 fps. If I can get that on a pc running whole bunch of stuff in the back I can see the next gen console tweaking that hardware to run smoother and better. The ps3 had a GTX 7800 in it that was tweaked and look at the graphics.

r0bc

. Still, I am excited for new consoles because it means us Master Race gamers get better ports! :clap:

Besides Codemasters F1 2012 half Sim I can't think of any racing ports worth playing but I'd try the 720 or whatever its going to be called anyway, if its worth buying.

jdickie92

I'm done with consoles, I'm just going to put the money towards more PC stuff. 6 years between upgrades is insane!

Latest posts