What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xbox Game Pass For PC

Lysrin

I went for the $1 first month sign-up. Not sure how much I want to split my time between DCS World and MSFS, but I definitely want to give MSFS a go so that seemed like a good option compared to full price elsewhere.

There are a few other games on there too I wouldn't mind trying so that doesn't hurt.

FreeKnight

Peeked at the title list this morning and it's getting pretty impressive. Mechwarrior 5 has been something I've been keen to try.

For anyone that pines for the old JRPGs of yesteryear (FF IV-6, Chrono Trigger, DQ, etc) they've got Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition on it. Game was a ton of fun and just a likeable old-school RPG, but with enough modern quality of life touches it doesn't feel too out of date.

Shosk

There is something i am confused about the Xbox Game Pass.
I read on the Game Pass Website the System Requirements , and they are very low.
But i must Download the Game, must my PC not match the Requirements the Game wants?

The entire Game will be on the PC , or will i Stream the Game completely?

Lysrin

There is something i am confused about the Xbox Game Pass.
I read on the Game Pass Website the System Requirements , and they are very low.
But i must Download the Game, must my PC not match the Requirements the Game wants?

The entire Game will be on the PC , or will i Stream the Game completely?

If you are referring to the Game Pass for PC then yes. The games are downloaded and run from your PC like a conventional PC game. It isn't a streaming service like Google Stadia for example. At least that has been my experience so far with MSFS2020.

Shosk

If you are referring to the Game Pass for PC then yes. The games are downloaded and run from your PC like a conventional PC game. It isn't a streaming service like Google Stadia for example. At least that has been my experience so far with MSFS2020.
Thank you for your Response.
Then i think it is not what i was looking for. I prefer Streaming, it comes cheaper for me because i do not play that much Games that need strong Hardware. And for those Few Streaming comes Cheaper for me.

JD

Staff member
Thank you for your Response.
Then i think it is not what i was looking for. I prefer Streaming, it comes cheaper for me because i do not play that much Games that need strong Hardware. And for those Few Streaming comes Cheaper for me.
Starting Sept 15, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate does include xCloud streaming: https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming which is probably what you're looking for.

JD

Staff member
I'm guessing once it's out of Beta, it will be offered as a standalone subscription. Game Pass Ultimate is geared towards people with an XBOX as it includes XBOX Live Gold which most buy anyways, so having games included helps offset that cost.

If you have PS Plus and PS Now, then it's around the same price? Maybe more?

Shosk

I'm guessing once it's out of Beta, it will be offered as a standalone subscription. Game Pass Ultimate is geared towards people with an XBOX as it includes XBOX Live Gold which most buy anyways, so having games included helps offset that cost.

If you have PS Plus and PS Now, then it's around the same price? Maybe more?
I mean PS Now only, i do not want to pay for playing Online . But you are Right, the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Online Gaming, i forgot that.

On2wheels

Debating on the MS Store version of MSFlight Sim or the Steam version. DId anyone buy it on Steam? Apparently it doesn't update the game unless you run it, and patches can take hours because you're at the mercy of the MS servers. I'm not keen on that, would rather let the MS Store take care of all that while I did other things. Does the Xbox app still suck?