What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xbox HD DVD hands-on

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Engadget has got ahold of a Xbox HD DVD which they quickly unpacked and proceeded to snap alot of pictures.

xbox_hd_dvd18.jpg

xbox_hd_dvd27.jpg

xbox_hd_dvd29.jpg

Head over to Engadget for more details and the rest of the pics.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I'm not sure if i'm down with the idea of having a seperate unit to play HD content. I havn't taken the plunge and bought a 360 yet so I think i'll hold out hope for a unit with HDMI and built-in HD-DVD. If rumours hold true I think this might happen.:)

Drew

Didn't take long for this to be hacked for windows usage. Surf on over to the HTPC forum at avs forums for more details. A $200 HD DVD drive for a HTPC...now what's the cheapest HDCP compliant NVIDIA video card? :D

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Didn't take long for this to be hacked for windows usage. Surf on over to the HTPC forum at avs forums for more details. A $200 HD DVD drive for a HTPC...now what's the cheapest HDCP compliant NVIDIA video card? :D

Ya, I read about it aswell on xbox-scene.com. I agree with your point, that's a great deal on a HD-DVD Drive.:cool:

M

Misoprostol

Expect Microsoft to change it to make it harder to hack in the near future though... They never stand still on this sort of thing for very long.

UNESCO

Dailytech also dissected one and it isn't looking like it will be easy to just pop the HDDVD drive into any regular system - the connectors are mini-IDE like in laptops (plus I'm sure there's bound to be firmware blocks found in the 256MB of onboard RAM for the HDDVD software)