What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xbox Series X announced

Bond007

Per the title, but it will be another year before availability. I am curious how this and the next PS will help PC gaming advance. 3 x links below for some info:

Techpowerup

Tomshardware

Anandtech

Xbox-Series-X-Crop_678x452.jpg

ipaine

Frankly I think this and the PS5 will help advance gaming. I think we will finally see games truly taking advantage of multiple cores for one thing, and we will also start seeing ray tracing in many more titles (which we would have anyways but this will speed it up). I am looking forward to this generation of consoles as I do think it will help gaming overall.

As for the design, it is a departure from the norm but that is fine. I do know that it can be vertical or horizontal so at least you are not stuck to it standing up like that.

JD

Staff member
As for the design, it is a departure from the norm but that is fine. I do know that it can be vertical or horizontal so at least you are not stuck to it standing up like that.
Seems like the cooling is designed for it being vertical though? Hard to say for certain I guess though. Either way, still looks like it might be tricky to fit in some cabinets.

Nice to see SSD's finally coming to consoles though, should help tremendously with load times.

Entz

Seems like the cooling is designed for it being vertical though? Hard to say for certain I guess though. Either way, still looks like it might be tricky to fit in some cabinets.

Nice to see SSD's finally coming to consoles though, should help tremendously with load times.
Yeah hard to say without seeing the back. May bring in air from the bottom and vent out the top so on its side its really no big deal.

Will have to see it in person though, it seems chunky. I know I wouldn't have room for it vertical and maybe not even horizontal. Not that I would get one (#TeamPlaystation)

JD

Staff member
Will have to see it in person though, it seems chunky. I know I wouldn't have room for it vertical and maybe not even horizontal. Not that I would get one (#TeamPlaystation)
That dev PS5 is super ugly though, hopefully they come up with something better.

This Series X looks relatively small though if the controller is to scale, seems to be only the width of it and about 2.5 controller width's tall.

Latest posts