What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xeon X3440?

gingerbee

are they supported in which bios fro which board ( limits to waht board you an use no? ) i have not looked into this at all

CanadaRox

If its anything like my old X3350, any board that supports the desktop counterpart (which was the Q9450 for me) will support the "Xeon" counterpart. Generally the Xeon's that work with desktop motherboards are the exact same as the desktop chip, Intel just renamed them so OEMs like Dell can say "This server is great because it has a Genuine Intel Xeon Server Processor!"

gingerbee

thank for the info i new that it was the same chip i just though that the bios had to be compatible and just thought the only server board would be compatible. but kearn something new every day thank again

kiwik

I thought about getting a x3450 instead of a i5 750, only thing bugging me is the lower turbo boost multis, but HT might compensate.

Latest posts

Twitter