What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

xfi sound card

queenofparts

I HAVE this 1x pcie sound card lights up xfi on the side
do people still use these i assumed with optical out on my motherbaord
would be better then something a few years old so wondering
if there is a market for them ?

justmehereajax

X-Fi? That is old I believe.... There is a market for them. I used to have the cheap X-FI xtreme audio PCI card rebranded Rocketfish lol. I broke it. I accidentally shorted it out by placing a nother expansion card to close to it. It is hard to explain what actually happened.

I believe their are drivers for it for Windows 10. or third party support.

I believe if you use optical out on mobo there is no real point except for the extra audio software processing i think.

I have the Creative Labs Z OEM edition and a ASUS Xonar DX for my high end PCs. I do hear a difference ... do I??? over 3.5mm analog jacks

Last edited:

justmehereajax

My Asus Xonar DX I bought is from 2008 too I think. It is not native PCIe it is a PCI sound solution with a PCI to PCIe bridge chip.

I get amazing sound from it even through crappy $20 Logi speakers lol. Is that the sound card? Must be.

justmehereajax

If you bundle it with something it should sell but I woundnt expect more than $15 because a 11 year old card is old right?

I use to upgrade all components of my pc, sound cards, USB expansion, nic, Back in the day. there should be a person willing to grab it.

queenofparts

i dont even care about the money at that point i would give it free if someone covers shipping and most likely will when i am able to post thanks for the info guys this forum is pretty awesome for this exact reason others input is very valuable

Latest posts