What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XFX 680i SLI North/Southbridge heatsinks

no_pulse

Does anyone have the XFX 680i SLI motherboard? It seems the majority are have having problems with their motherboards dueto the North/Southbridge heatsinks. So I'd like to replace the heatsinks with something else.

I'm wondering what heatsink + fan (if there is room for a fan) someone would recommend for the XFX 680i SLI that has two graphics cards.

I've been looking at the Cooler Master Blue Ice Pro Northbridge Chipset Cooler RR-NCW-L4E1-GP and the Thermalright HR-05-SLI

Edit: Scratch the Thermalright HR-05-SLI :( Contacted Thermalright and they said it wouldn't fit my system with dual video cards. Looks like my options are getting short :(

Last edited:

Babrbarossa

I bought one of these from evga for their 680i southbridge- only costs about 12 bucks and it works fine- not sure if it will work on the XFX- it's got anice low profile though

EDIT- brain fart!- I put this sucker on the southbridge- northbridge is watercooled LOL

Last edited:

tgraszat14

I'll be honest with you. I bought an XFX 680i mobo and I want to shoot myself in the head. I bought it when it was on at TD for 100$ regular 189$ while it is a good price I have a sneaking feeling that they only brought the price down to get rid of stock. So now I'm left with a shit motherboard lol. I would recommend scrapping it all together and grab the Gigabyte

tgraszat14

the board I got was DOA so I sent it in to XFX. Two boards later they still don't work and customer service is balls at XFX. So needless to say I'll be staying away from their mobo's for the next thousand years.

no_pulse

I find it odd that Thermalright says that the Thermalright HR-05-SLI would not fit my system with dual cards. It looks like there is enough room for two. *shrugs*

tootallll

I know this is an old thread but the hr-05 SLI's do fit with dual card's just make sure their the SLI's. Here's a pic:

I had to have one post to add pic

Last edited:

tootallll

The HR-05 SLI's do fit with dual cards, just make sure their the SLI's. Here's a pic:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter