What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xiaomi Mi Mix. 6.4" bezel-less phone.

JJThomp

Sky I think the case is just a nice bonus... You can go and get your own case once they get made but it's nice to have one until then.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
A case shouldn't be a BONUS. Nor should it be a PRE-REQUISITE.

Lysrin

Idiotic design IMO. The screen is sick....but WHY give it that body if you're just going to INCLUDE A CASE!? Jesus, just pop on a soft-touch grippy chassis from the getgo.
"Idiotic" seems a bit extreme! :haha: I think the ceramic body is likely a bit of "keeping up with the Joneses" scenario. People seem to buy into the "premium" body idea; very much form over function. Think of all the shenanigans manufacturers have had to go through to get the radios to work well through the metal bodies. A rubberized plastic body makes more sense for almost any mobile phone use case in reality but the phone as fashion accessory market wouldn't go for it. And let's face it, phone as fashion accessory is a big market, likely the biggest market! And then of course there are those who won't care about how slippery it is and won't put a case on it because they really like the look of it. In my mind they are catering to both here. They get the accessory crowd and they have thrown a decent case in for the more utilitarian among us. Seems like a good compromise to me from a marketing standpoint.

lowfat

Staff member
Price @ Nis-store is $981CAD for the pre-order. Gearbest is $1200CAD lololol. So a $200-$400 inflation over MSRP. Hopefully they drop to a more reasonable price after release but who knows.

PockyMaster

chrisk

Folding Captain
Rumours say that one of the S8 models from samsung will have no bezel:
Report: Galaxy S8 to Come in Two Large Models, One With 6.2" Bezel-Less Display | Droid Life

According to the latest report out of South Korea, the Galaxy S8 from Samsung will be made available in two display sizes; one with a 5.7″ display, and the other with a 6.2″ display. While those screen sizes may intimidate a few people, what they imply are actually quite exciting.

In order to deliver a 6.2″ display that doesn’t protrude straight out of your pocket or purse, it is reported that Samsung will ditch all bezels on the Galaxy S8, as well as the home button. With the removal of the home button, it should be expected that we might see on-screen buttons, instead of Samsung’s long-standing capacitive keys. This means, while the display size enlarges, the overall dimensions of the device do not.

While Samsung tends to be my go-to manuf, I am wondering about the curved display on the S8. The Note 7 had a modified curve over the S7e that I could possibly live with, but I do wonder about the ergonimics of a bezel-less display with curved edges. The regular S7e curve turned me off....

lowfat

Staff member
NCIX seems to have a few preorder listings for the phone for around $1100-1200. I wonder how their Xiaomi product support is. Anyone have first hand experience with NCIX and Xiaomi support?

Xiaomi Mix 18K Gold LTE Unlocked Android Smartphone 16MP 6.4IN Edgeless 2040X1080 FHD 6GB RAM 256GB - MI-Mix 18K - NCIX.com

Xiaomi Mi Mix LTE Unlocked Android Smartphone 16MP 6.4IN Edgeless 2040X1080 FHD 4GB RAM 128GB - MI-Mix - NCIX.com

Willing to bet it has zero warranty outside of the short NCIX return policy. Xiaomi definitely isn't going to warranty phones in regions where it was never meant to be sold. NCIX is just reselling.

Evochuck

They seem to run for about 700Cad locally, going to HK and Shanghai next week, might chevk it out.

Latest posts