What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XP 64bit Error

Shredder

Fresh Install, brand new everything. No internet icons. Added Explorer ect and kept getting this error

Sub-component Distributed Transaction Coordinator raised an exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.
d:\nt\com\complus\dtc\ntdtcsetup\src\csetuputil.cpp (line 2759)
Error Code = 0x80004005

Unspecified error
Failed to execute function 'DllRegisterServer()' in 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mtxoci.dll'.

Any Ideas for a fix without full redo on install?

Nodscene

I'd try sfc /scannow in the cmd prompt and see if that finds anything. After that I'd do a system repair.

M

member 3099

Do a repair install... you'll lose all your updates and most of your programs... but have all your data still..

I had to call it quits with that OS... error/BSOD city.

overlords

Do a repair install... you'll lose all your updates and most of your programs... but have all your data still..

I had to call it quits with that OS... error/BSOD city.

i've been running it very steadily for almost a year now. Not one BSOD. Only problem i really encountered was getting my damn ipod touch to play nice with it.

Shredder

I have done the run scannow , it didnt find anything amiss. The reason I went with xp 64 is compatibility with previous os's and its ability to use more ram then the 32 bit version. Without explorer on first bench i,t pulled 17k in 3dmark06 ,completely stock settings. It has alot of potiential so I am going to continue with it. Thankyou for your replies.

death_hawk

Sounds like the same reason I went XP64.

I personally love it.
Only issue I have with this build is connecting to a Samba file server.
Although I think I may have a borked NIC.

/end threadjack

TmbrWolf

Only problem i really encountered was getting my damn ipod touch to play nice with it.

You actually got XP64 to play with an iPod Touch? That was one thing I was never able to do, even after weeks of going through websites looking for an answer.

It pretty much forced me to go to Vista64, which I don't regret at all (it runs faster than XP64 does).

mklym

Here are a couple of links that might help:

Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC

Encountering problems with IIS install - Dev Shed

Here is a post in a thread on another forum. I came across it with Google.

When you try to use the key updater utility, you keep getting the 0x80004005 error.

That error is very typical of a situation where the Key Updater Utility is not enjoying full two-way communication with MS servers. The Utility has the task of examining about 6,000 files and verifying their integrity, and if it finds correctable situations, it does make corrections by downloading new files from the MS servers. Usually the error is caused by some kind of third party program on your computer, such as a personal firewall, antimalware, or antivirus program, that is intefering with the Utility. Or, your internet connection could be utilizing a proxy server. And finally, there may be some kind of issue with your ISP itself.

The error can be frustrating since it reports that there is no internet access, yet you can get email and surf web pages! What it really means is that the specific MS program that is throwing the error cannot get full internet access.

Here are some general suggestions (the range of programs out there is way too big to give specifics):

1. If you are using a personal firewall program, make a special rule that allows the executable file for the Utility to have full internet access.

2. Some antivirus programs have rudimentary firewalls built in, and many have settings to block malicious scripts. Your AV program may have to be set to allow the updater utility to work.

3. Some antimalware programs (SpySweeper, SpyBot, Ad Aware, Spyware Doctor, etc) have settings to block malicious scripts. Your antimalware program may have to be set to allow the updater utility to work.

4. Check your Internet settings to see if a proxy server is enabled. Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings, Proxy Server. If you have proxy server settings, do not make any changes until you understand why they are set and how to put the settings back the way they were. Disabling proxy settings may cripple internet access for your entire computer.

5. If you are sure that all of the above is right but you still cannot get the Updater to work, may I suggest taking your computer to a friend's house to try their internet connection, assuming it is with a provider different from yours? We have had at least one forum poster who could only get the Updater to work by doing it this way, as there was something his ISP was doing that prevented proper communication.
End Quote

Hope something here helps.

Latest posts